Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mistress of Master Cleanse - Day 3




Yup. This video pretty much sums it up. Chest bursting alien. That's what it's like releasing the nasty ass toxins that are inside me! Here's a lovely list of what's going on in the Mistress' Detox World:

*Coated Tongue: This lovely side-effect creates breath that is kickin' like Bruce Lee...I certainly wouldn't want to be waking up with me these days! Toxins released through your mouth coat your tongue in a milky, white film that is just foul. The great news is, that by Day 8 or 9, your tongue emerges beautifully pink and healthy. I'll have to take some before and after pics. It's wild.

*Overall Body Aches: Aches and pains all over-- today, more isolated pain in my lower back and upper arms. It still feels like I'm sore from a killer workout and also simultaneously knocked out with a bad flu.

*Cold Body Temperature: This is naturally what happens when your metabolism slows down during detox. My hands feel like I've been juggling ice cubes for 3 days, but my cheeks are flushed and burning slightly. Most people in the newsroom are sporting short sleeves-- I'm bundled up in a sweater and scarf!!! All I can think about is getting into a hot bubble bath when I get home!

*Alternating Between Nauseous and Grumbling Tummy: I was hit with a wave of horrible nausea this morning on my drive to work. I seriously wondered if I was going to have to pull over, I felt so sick. Sipping some tea helped it pass, but I was not a happy camper this morning. I warmed up the lemonade mix all day today again, diluting it with hot water and caffeine free tea bags. I was shocked to see that I was actually UP .4 pounds this morning, so I'm trying to drink less of the syrup and more lemons/tea and water. In the middle of my morning editorial meeting, I was so afraid that everyone was going to hear my grumbling stomach! I alternated between feeling pukey and starving until about noon. Things have finally evened out a bit, but I'm still feeling horrible.

*Cravings: Yesterday, all I could think about was the Buffalo Chicken salad on the beautiful Loretta Urban's blog: http://urbanfoodandfitness.blogspot.com/2012/03/buffalo-chicken-spinach-and-fresh-fruit.html


Loretta Urban's Buffalo Chicken Salad

I mean, does that look delish or what??? I can't wait to try it when I'm done cleansing! And for some random reason, yesterday I was haunted by visions of a toasted turkey sandwich from Quizno's with honey mustard dressing, which I haven't indulged in since I switched my diet to gluten-free.

Quizno's Toasted Turkey Sub

Today, on the other hand, I was craving fruit-- watermelon specifically. The last time I did the cleanse, I think I lived on watermelon for several days after my detox--- the cold, crisp, sweet deliciousness that is watermelon was all I wanted! I guess it's a good thing I'm not lusting after deep fried Twinkies or tater tots, right?

Want. Watermelon. Now.

I listened to a great video from a Life Coach today about "letting go" during the Cleanse, emotionally and physically, which will help further any detoxifying and weight loss benefits. I've mentioned before how important your state of mind is on this cleanse-- you have to be patient with yourself and honor your body during the process.



I've never done dry skin brushing before, but this might be a good time to try it out-- not only encouraging the detoxifying effects, but more connection to your body during the cleanse. Here's an article I found:

http://www.epicureantable.com/articles/adrybrush.htm

There are a zillion youtube video diaries about the Master Cleanse-- many people who've done the maximum 40 days on the cleanse! I can't imagine lasting that long....3 days is killing me! But after Day 4, in my experience, it gets easier....I can only hope!

2 comments:

  1. Poor thing! Hope you can curl up tonight under a warm blanket and get some rest. I had a thought while I was in my spice cabinet today about you putting the bouillon granules in the SWF... not sure which brand you use, but when I checked out the ones in my cabinet, they contained wheat gluten. I'm sure it's probably a pretty insignificant amount, but I wasn't sure if this might have an adverse effect for you? Then again, you might be using a gluten free variety. Just thought I'd mention it. I have much confidence that you can push through day 4 (which is apparently hump day on TMC?), and then you'll be in the home stretch!
    ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great you caught the gluten element of the bouillon! I will have to check the package. Just got out of a hot tub and feeling a bit better... Curling up with the dogs and a book and calling it an early night!! Thanks for all your encouragement, Jessica!

      Delete